When children are involved in a divorce, the right legal advice can provide the protection they need to secure their future. With the best family lawyers recruited from around the country, we can provide the experience and resources you need to provide the best for your children.
The Child Support Agency will review each parent's income, the number of children, and living arrangements.
There are three different categories of child support payments:
- Periodic payment
- Non-periodic payments - Where the court or agreement makes an order for non-periodic payments Section 125 of the Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989
- Lump sum provision - a payment made to the other parent as a "credit balance" to be used to meet ongoing liabilities (s. 69A).
There are also non-agency payments, being:
- a payment made directly to a payee (s .71);
- a payment to a third party in discharge of a debt owed by the payee, the payer, or both (s. 71A); or
- a non-cash transaction such as a transfer of property or the provision of services (s. 71B).
Our lawyers will be well prepared to represent you in any child support dispute and make sure your children's needs are well met.